Saturday, September 26, 2015

KJV Foundation Study Bible

     

     The KJV (King James Version) Foundations Study Bible was given to me for free as a part of the program for bloggers available at www.booklookbloggers.com. As with most study Bibles, the notes are rather thorough and I found it to cover most passages that someone would want answers to, as they read the scriptures. I have a variety of Bibles in my collection and this was another welcome addition.
      First, the edition I had was a hard bound one. It was well bound, but the potential for that binding to break after continual use is a good possibility. You may wish to check online if leather editions are available for use. Second, the print was a decent sized font and made it not too difficult to follow along. It does have references to other passages, but on the bottom as opposed to a center column reference, which would have taken more space. Each book of the Bible has a brief section listing the author, title, key verse and theme, kind of as a 'springboard' to help study the book. It includes other features as well, like a concordance, the words of Jesus in red and full color maps.
     You my wonder who did the notes, as did I, or what theological positions they hold on end-times, the Gifts of the Spirit, Calvinism vs. Arminianism, and other subjects. But, I find nowhere in the version I was given which indicates this information to me, nor was I able to find it online. Reviewing the notes in passages like 1 Thessalonians 4, 1 Corinthians 12-13 and other places of scripture left me unsure as to the position the writers held in their theology. I think this may have been done intentionally, making the study Bible more appealing to various groups and avoiding theological controversy. Still, it would have been nice to know who wrote the notes.
      I think it would be a good starter study Bible for someone very interested in learning more about the scriptures. It will help guide through some basic passages, give an idea of the reasons the authors were writing and provide a map for further study and growth in the Christian faith. I hope that you will read, enjoy and apply the truths to your life each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment